Monday, March 3, 2008

Student's Script

SCENES FROM THE TWO-TIME STORY

A film script by Carrisa Andrelia

1. INTERIOR. SHARI’S BEDROOM. DAY.

ELS Shari sits alone in her bedroom. Her cell phone is ringing, it is from Vinno. Vinno is her boyfriend’s friend. ZOOM IN TO MS Shari answers that call. She talks cheerfully.

SHARI

[smiles]

Hi! Who is this?

[Pause.]

SHARI

Oh, Vinno. Fine, thanks. How about you? What are you doing right now?

[Pause.]

SHARI

Of course, I’m still studying in Semarang.

[Pause.]

SHARI

[lies]

I’m single, bro. Would you be my match-maker?

[Pause.]

SHARI

Sure, I’m serious. Why not? I’ve been a single for 5 months.

[Pause.]

SHARI

I’m not kidding. It’s true.

[Pause.]

SHARI

Okay. Have a delicious dish. Bye. [SHARI gazes to her mobile phone.] Oh my Gosh, I can’t believe who was calling me recently. It is Vinno. He was my crush. Hope, he will call me again. [Then, her cell phone chirps.] Wew, it’s my boyfriend, Rufi. He sent a message. [She replies sms and continues monologue.] He knows Vinno too, because Rufi was his classmate when they’re in high school. I hope they two never meet again.

2. INTERIOR. SHARI'S BEDROOM. NIGHT.

ELS the Maid enters Shari’s bed room. Shari wears a light blue pajama. She sits on her bed.

THE MAID

Excuse me, Miss. Someone wants to meet you.

SHARI

[looks questioningly]

Who?

THE MAID

He said that he is your nephew. I think his name is Dony.

SHARI

Oh.. Sure, take him to my room. Thank you.

THE MAID

Certainly, Miss.

[THE MAID leaves the bedroom, DONY enters SHARI’s bedroom.]

DONY

[CUT TO MLS DONY sits in front of SHARI]

Hello, my beautiful nephew. Hope, I’m not disturbing you.

SHARI

Hi, bro. You see, I’m not busy. What makes you visit me here? It’s little bit strange. Are you in a trouble? What can I do for you?

DONY

Hey, don’t be so suspicious. I just want to be your match-maker.

SHARI

[PAN RIGHT SHARI shocks]

My match-maker?? With whom??

DONY

[PAN LEFT DONY]

Of course with Vinno. He’s nice and tall, like you. I think you two are right.

SHARI

[PAN RIGHT SHARI blushes]

Uhm…… But I don’t think we can…

DONY

[PAN LEFT DONY screams]

Why can’t? VINNO and you are single, right?

SHARI

[ZOOM OUT MS SHARI lies]

Yeah. But………….

DONY

[interrupts]

Come on. I don’t wanna know. You are my nephew, he is my best friend. Anything else?

SHARI

Okay. I’ll see what I can do. I can’t promise anything.

DONY

[smiles]

Thanks. I’ll go to Vinno’s house. Bye.

SHARI

Bye, bro. Be careful then.

[CUT TO ELS DONY walks out of the door.]

SHARI

[CUT TO MS SHARI speaks]

Oh God, what I must do. [She shakes her head.] I have a boyfriend already. [She walks back and forth then sits again and falls asleep.]

CUT TO

3. INTERIOR.DVD RENTAL.DAY.

ELS Rufi walks inside and then sees Vinno, who is in front of kids section. Rufi smiles when he sees Vinno. Then Rufi walks toward Vinno.

RUFI

[CUT TO MLS RUFI greets friendly]

Hi, Fella! What’s up?

VINNO

Fine, thanks. How about you?

RUFI

[smiles]

Fine, too. Are you going to rent DVD?

VINNO

Yeah, I return other films too. [He pulls out his cell phone of the pocket of his shorts. ZOOM IN TO MS RUFI accidentally sees the wallpaper of VINNO’s mobile.] Anyway, I don’t have your newest number. Please, give it to me.

RUFI

[PAN LEFT RUFI sees the wallpaper clearer]

Okay. 0818xxxxx.

VINNO

[PAN RIGHT VINNO presses the keypad]

I have saved it. [CUT TO VINNO’s cell phone.] As matter of fact, I let u to guess who is the girl in my wallpaper?

RUFI

[CUT TO CU RUFI blinks in few second]

Well………I think….. She is Shari?

VINNO

[PAN RIGHT VINNO says in a breathy, excited way]

Definitely, she is. Who the hell are you thinking? [He nods her head.] What do you think?

RUFI

[CUT TO MS RUFI stares straight at him]

I…..don’t……know…. I feel my head is spinning.

VINNO

[murmurs continuously]

Oops. Sorry, I don’t mean to hurt you or to remind about your ex-girlfriend. I admire her and want to make her mine. I just want to hear your opinion. [He sees RUFI worriedly.] Rufi?

RUFI

I’m fine.

VINNO

I have called her and sent romantic messages to her recently.

[FADE IN TIAN enters the DVD rental.]

TIAN

[looks surprisingly]

How ya doin’, dude? Long time no see.

VINNO

[offers excitedly]

I know. I think we have to hang out together sometimes, like when we were still in high school.

TIAN

[CUT TO CU TIAN asks innocently]

Hey, do you know that Rufi and Shari have been together again?

VINNO

[PAN RIGHT VINNO looks blankly]

Gosh. Are you kidding? I think they have broken up.

TIAN

[PAN LEFT TIAN explains briefly]

Yes, they were. But they get back together again. I never lie to you, bro!

RUFI

[CUT TO MLS RUFI gazes expressionless]

Tian, let’s go home. My head is spinning. I think I have headache.

TIAN

Okey dokey, man! [to VINNO.] Bro, we have to say goodbye now. Glad to see you. Ciao!

VINNO

Bye! See you around.

[ZOOM OUT ELS RUFI and TIAN leave DVD rental.]

CUT TO

4. INTERIOR. LIVING ROOM. DAY.
MLS Shari reads magazine in the one of the couch. The Maid comes to offer drink to her.

THE MAID

What do you want to drink, Miss?

SHARI

Um…. No, thanks.

THE MAID

If you need something, please call me, Miss. Excuse me.

SHARI

Okay.

[THE MAID leaves the living room, someone knocks the door.]

SHARI

Who is that?

VINNO

It’s me Vinno.

SHARI

Oh.. Wait. [SHARI combs her hair with her fingers and tidies her clothes, then opens the door.] Come in. Please, have a seat.

VINNO

[CUT TO MS VINNO sits carefully]

Thank you.

SHARI

[PAN RIGHT SHARI smiles]

Where have you been? What do you want to drink?

VINNO

[PAN LEFT VINNO answers]

I have been in my brother house. Um… A glass of mineral water, please.

[FADE OUT SHARI leaves the living room and returns with a glass of mineral water, FADE IN puts it in the table.]

VINNO

[CUT TO MS VINNO]

Thanks, girl.

SHARI

[sits]

You’re welcome. What’s the matter?

VINNO

Nothing. Have you had your lunch?

SHARI

[CUT TO CU SHARI blushes]

Yeah. Thanks for your attention.

VINNO

[CUT TO MS]

To my surprise, when I want a movie rental this afternoon I met one of your ex-boyfriend.

SHARI

[thinks]

My ex-boyfriend? Who?

VINNO

Rufi. I have known it.

SHARI

[surprised]

You have known ? About what?

VINNO

[PAN LEFT VINNO]

About your relationship with Rufi. I knew it from your friend.

SHARI

[PAN RIGHT SHARI feels guilty]

Oh..

VINNO

[PAN LEFT VINNO cries]

For the God’s sake, why didn’t you tell me that you have retrieved Rufi again?

SHARI

[CUT TO CU SHARI confuses]

Um… I was thinking to talk about it, but I wait the right time to say.

VINNO

[CUT TO MS VINNO repeats slowly]

Wait the right time.

SHARI

[stammers]

I’m just… I mean-if I met you earlier, you would hear it from me directly. I can explain it to you.

VINNO

Ok. I understand. I think I have to go now, it’s getting dark. Bye.

SHARI

All right. Bye. [VINNO leaves the living room.] Oh no. I’m dead. I’m such an idiot. Oh, God.

5. INTERIOR. LIVING ROOM. NIGHT.

ELS the Maid cleans the coffee table in the center of living room. Later, someone knocks the door. It’s Rufi.

THE MAID

Good night. Who do you want to meet?

RUFI

I wanna meet Shari. Is she inside?

THE MAID

Yes. Please, wait.

[THE MAID leaves the living room, SHARI comes to welcome RUFI.]

SHARI

[CUT TO MS SHARI sits beside him]

Hi..

RUFI

Hi.. Just talk to me. Honestly, what have you done with my friend?

SHARI

[PAN LEFT SHARI answers]

I……haven’t done nothing.

RUFI

[CUT TO CU RUFI persuades]

Come on, Babe. Let’s make clearer. What if my photograph is shown in other person’s mobile phone? What will you do?

SHARI

[CUT TO CU SHARI thinks]

I will be proud if it happens, because it means I don’t choose the ugly boy.

RUFI

[PAN RIGHT RUFI]

Oh my God. Please, don’t be so innocent. Talk to me. Pleeeaaaasssseeeeee…

SHARI

[PAN LEFT SHARI]

Talk about what?

RUFI

[CUT TO MS RUFI]

Yesterday, I met my friend He’s Vinno, you must know him. When I saw his cell phone, he showed to me that the wallpaper is your photograph.

SHARI

Well, I don’t know about that.

RUFI

Admit it, Shari. Please…

SHARI

[ZOOM IN TO CU SHARI babbles]

Honestly, I was like Vinno. I didn’t tell him that I have you, I have a boyfriend. I really apologize what I’ve done to you. I regret why I could do that. Please, forgive me. I don’t mean to hurt or to cheat on you. Will you forgive me?

RUFI

[PAN RIGHT RUFI shakes his head]

Ok. Ok. I forgive you. Let’s start from the beginning.

SHARI

[ZOOM OUT MS SHARI smiles]

Thanks. You’re the best.

[MS SHARI hugs RUFI happily.]

CUT

Semarang, 6th December 2007

No comments: